Source components are always the first components in a package.
To define the Bing Ads source:
- Add a Bing Ads source component to begin your dataflow.
- Open the component and name it.
source settingsDefine the source settings parameters:
- connection - either click the dropdown arrow and select an existing Bing connection, or click create new to create a new connection (see Defining connections).
- version - Xplenty will use the selected API version when running the job. Microsoft releases a new API version every few months and sunsets older versions of the API. You should check and update the API versions periodically.
- accounts and campaigns - Select accounts (i.e. all campaigns in the account) or specific campaigns to report on.
- report type - select the Bing report type.
- columns - Select dimensions and metrics from the dropdown list of columns. Make sure to select the required columns according to Bing Ads documentation (Click the report type, then click columns data type and see "Required columns").
- unit of time - Select date/time granularity.
- time period field name(s) - depending on the unit of time selected, time period fields will be added and you can change the field names.
- date range - Select a predefined date range or enter a custom date range. You can also use variables as values for the custom date range in the format
report fields mapping
After defining the dimension and metrics source settings, the field names and data types will be populated. You can make these modifications to the list of fields:
- Define how you will refer to these fields (alias) in the other components of your package. If you use illegal characters, we'll let you know before you close the dialog.
- Remove report fields from the list.