After designing your package, you should validate it to ensure it will run jobs without failing. The validation checks the package for design-time errors, such as:
- dataflow doesn't end with a destination component
- Not all components are connected
- Incorrect syntax of all component fields, including expressions
- Variables used in fields are not defined
Validation takes around a minute, depending on the complexity of the package.
To validate a package:
- In the package designer, click the tick (save and validate package) icon.
- The package is saved then the validating window appears.
- If validation succeeded, a message is is displayed that no errors were found.
- If validation failed, the errors list appears with details on about the errors that were found. You can click on each validation error to open the component and fix it.