Source components are always the first components in a package.
To define the Google AdWords source:
- Add a Google AdWords source component to begin your dataflow.
- Open the component and name it.
source settingsDefine the source settings parameters:
- adwords connection - either click the dropdown arrow and select an existing connection, or click create new to create a new connection (see Defining connections).
- api version - Xplenty will use the selected API version when running the job. Google releases a new API version every few months and sunsets older versions of the API. You should check and update the API versions periodically.
- customer ids - Leave empty to read data for all AdWords customer account ids accessible to the connection or use a comma separated list of AdWords customer account ids. The account ids appear in the top right corner of your AdWorks page or are managed by AdWords Manager (MCC). If you provide an MCC account's customer id, the report will be executed for all the AdWord accounts it has access to. Customer ids appear in the format nnn-nnn-nnnn (e.g. 123-456-7890)
- customer id field name - Modify the name that will appear as the field for customer IDs.
- report type - Select a report type from the dropdown list of reports. See this article to map reports to Google AdWords UI. Note: For structure reports, select "All time" in date range.
- report fields - Select the report fields from the dropdown list of fields. They will be added to the fields list on the right where you can change the fields' aliases.
- date range - Select a date range from the dropdown list of ranges. If you select custom, you will be prompted to enter the Start date and End date. Click on each date and select the date from the calendar. You can also use variables as values for the custom date range in the format
Then click the Test Connection button to help check that the connection is good and that the customer ids exist.report fields mapping
Use the report fields drop down to select fields. You can make these modifications to the list of fields:
- Define how you will refer to these fields (alias) in the other components of your package. If you use illegal characters, we'll let you know before you close the dialog.
- Remove report fields from the list.
Note: The Notes of some report fields under AdWords report descriptions state that the field is not compatible with other available fields. If you are including one of those fields, remove other report fields which are listed as not compatible with that field.
Note: Starting with API v201603, null values for string fields will be returned as two dashes (--).