In order to allow Xplenty access to your Snowflake account, login to your Snowflake account using your favorite SQL client and execute the following commands to create a user with proper permissions for Xplenty:
USE ROLE accountadmin; -- use this role to be able to grant permissions CREATE ROLE "xplenty"; -- create a role to assign to the Xplenty user CREATE USER xplenty PASSWORD='' DEFAULT_ROLE = "xplenty"; -- create a user with a password GRANT ROLE "xplenty" TO USER xplenty; -- assign user to role -- run the following for each database you'd like Xplenty to access: GRANT USAGE ON DATABASE "" TO ROLE "xplenty"; -- grant database access to Xplenty GRANT CREATE SCHEMA ON DATABASE "" TO ROLE "xplenty"; -- grant schema creation privilege to Xplenty GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA ""."" TO ROLE "xplenty"; -- grant Xplenty privileges to do anything within the defined schema -- run the following for each warehouse you'd like Xplenty to use: GRANT ALL ON WAREHOUSE "" TO "xplenty"; -- allow Xplenty to use a warehouse
Once you've granted Xplenty access to your Snowflake, create a connection in Xplenty:
- Click your avatar, then click Account settings.
- Click Connections, then click new connection and click Snowflake.
- Type a name for the connection.
- Enter your account name (e.g. xplenty if you login to xplenty.snowflakecomputing.com)
- Enter the user name and password you created for Xplenty to use.
- Enter the default database to use.
- Enter the default warehouse to use.
- Set the region to your Snowflake's account's region.