Use the Select component to choose which fields from the input will be available in the next component and transform them using expressions.
To select which fields will be available in the dataflow:
- Add a Select component where required in your package.
- Open the component and name it.
- To automatically populate the fields section, click the green Auto-fill fields icon. Otherwise, use the field drop-down and select the field you require.
- You can write more complex expressions and use functions in the field column to manipulate field data by opening the drop-down list and selecting edit (see Using Expressions and Xplenty functions).
- For each field row, assign an alias for your field in the right text box.
- To change the order in which these fields will appear in remaining dataflow components, click and drag the blue arrow located to the left of a field name up or down to the new position.
- If required, add rows for additional fields.