To define the Facebook Ads Insights source:
- Add a Facebook Ads Insights source component to begin your dataflow.
- Open the component and name it.
source settingsDefine the source settings parameters.
- facebook connection - either click the dropdown arrow and select an existing connection, or click create new to create a new connection (see Defining connections).
- api version - Xplenty will use the selected API version when running the job. Facebook releases a new Facebook Marketing API version every few months and sunsets older versions of the API. You should check and update the API versions periodically.
- accounts - Select the ad accounts to run the reports on. By default, the report will be executed in all ad accounts.
- dimensions (optional) - Select dimensions from the dropdown list of dimensions.
- fields - Select fields for the source to return from the report. The fields include dimensions, metrics and breakdowns. Action metrics are available in all attribution windows and include custom events as well.
- level - Select the report level (ad by default).
- date range - select a preset date range or custom date range. Using the custom date range, you may either use constant dates or variables whose values are in the format
- action report time - determines the report time of action stats (by impression by default). See Facebook Marketing APIs documentation for more details.
- time breakdown - use to break the results by period. The default, "All days" means that one result will be returned for the entire period. Add the fields
date_stopto get the period per record in the result.
Then click the Show Data Preview button to verify your report. Note that you if you report requires too much data, preview may fail, but the job will still succeed.
report field mapping
After selecting the fields to use in the report, you can change the alias to use as a field in the data-flow.